Thursday, April 27, 2006

Here comes Trouble...

Ok, I am gonna get in trouble for this, but too damn bad. I am so...Completely sick, of hearing about this autistic kid who made a few baskets in a basketball game, and then got on the news, and then met the commander in chimp, and now for reasons nobody can justify, there is going to be a disneyesque duche-fest of a feel good movie about the boy who thought he could and did after he rocked back and forth while arranging buttons by color then size and number of holes in groups and then lining them in a row. What is the big fucking deal people. He like all other children, isn't special. Sometimes I can play a game of pool and sink every one of the balls and the 8 ball without the other person being able to shoot once, where is my fucking movie. Anyway, I don't know why, but this kids new found fame gets under my skin. It isn't his autism that bothers me, its the actions of others because he has autism. Enough already. You know the best way to handicap a handicap person, treat them like they are special. Or you can do them a service, and treat them like they are any other normal person. So live it up Jason, people think you are a corky and are giving you magic beans to show how special you are. Feel insulted by the attention yet, I sure as hell would. Have a fun 15 minutes, and I will see you on the basketball court with Mary.

Out.

11 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 1:59 PM, Blogger The Megan said...

with all the murder, bombings, and general violence and crap that is usually being reported, most people think it is nice to every once in a while have something positive on the news. i'd much rather hear about this than more of the negative crap that they lay on you all... damn... day.

and it's not just the fact that he has autism, it was the fact that he'd been the team manager all through high school, had never played a game, goes out his first time ever and sinks like 6 3-pointers in a row... and to add to all of that, he is autistic. i've seen lots of similar stories to this in the past that had nothing to do w/ a physical disability. this is just a recent version of 'Rudy' or what was that other movie w/ Cuba Gooding Jr... 'Radio'?

... i think you are just sad that it's not you getting to meet ol' Dubya... i know you've always wanted to. which is probably for the best, because i'm sure that W has never heard of Roshambo and he'd probably let you go first, and then you'd end up in maximum security for the rest of forever, and i'd never get to see my timmy friend again, and that would be no good - no good at all.

anyway, no fear my friend... i'm sure his 15 minutes will be up soon, just like everyone else who has ever gotten their 15 minutes, and we will be on to more blood and guts to report on... until then, you can always just change the channel if you're not happy about what it's showing you (don't laugh, it took me a really long time to figure this out)

Until next time... Davidson Out.

 
At 4/28/2006 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whateva, I don't go to school and I kill people. . . I do what I want.

 
At 4/28/2006 7:39 PM, Blogger The Megan said...

that's ok... what i write is more for me anyway... let others read my thoughts as they like... or not, makes me no difference!! =)

ps the 3 of y'all should know by now that once i get started on a topic, it's gonna be a while before i wrap it up.

peace... hollah!!

 
At 4/28/2006 7:42 PM, Blogger The Megan said...

ps leeann we are working on getting back into the karaokeing... cris has been hella busy w/ this triathalon and i've been hella busy w/ school y work.

we will see you again someday... i promise...

ps tell your bar woman she needs to have some damn DRINK SPECIALS!! i've never heard of a bar that didn't have some kind of discount on weeknights... just my two cents.

 
At 4/28/2006 7:43 PM, Blogger The Megan said...

pps timmy i hope you didn't take my comment as a critisism on your vent fest... it's just my opinion on the subject... but i'm sure you already knew that...

ok boo bye now!!

 
At 5/01/2006 3:50 PM, Blogger Tim said...

LWCS, sounds good to me, I look forward to it. We miss you guys.

M, I never take what you say as critisism, and if I do it is constructive not mean so its ok, I got your point of view, I asked for it didnt I? Anyway, glad to have all of the comments on this.

 
At 5/01/2006 9:25 PM, Blogger The Megan said...

i love posts w/ lots of comments... i've forgotten what that's like... *sigh*... =)

we should hang out this weekend, when are y'all free?

 
At 5/02/2006 2:53 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Well I have no idea...

 
At 5/03/2006 10:53 PM, Blogger The Megan said...

That is not an acceptable answer!!! you tell me when you are free or i shall come over there now and punch you right in you ear

 
At 5/04/2006 10:46 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Do I have to play with my feet or something cause I am no good at that.

And as for the weekend we are booked on Saturday and I have to find time to do the yard.

 
At 5/04/2006 10:50 AM, Blogger Tim said...

And also, I don't think it is bad that he gets some recognition, it's just overkill and that annoys me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home