Friday, May 19, 2006

Oh Balls. . .


Well we went out to eat for a little work event for James' office. It was so good. We went to the Reata. So here is the breakdown of the sampler platter we had. There were two fat tamales, which were pretty good. A few half Quails, smoked, which were really good. Four or so Bacon wrapped Shrimp which were good, but over rated. A star shaped piece of corn bread, all laid on cheese grits. But the best thing on the plate in my opinion were the calf fries. YUM! So by calf, I mean bull, and by fries I mean BALLS. That's right, Cow Balls. They were so good. And yes, I get the irony of Me liking to eat balls, ha ha, shut up. Anyway, there were so good, I think I actually had between 8 - 12 of them. They were a tiny bit like liver, but lite and not as dense. I think most people would not try them because of the fact that they are balls, but if you get over that you may want to give them a chance. I didn't care what they were or what they used to be, they were meat and I was in. Well that really all. I guess I should have known there would be something to do with Mountain Oysters this week, because my Kiwi all week have been double lobed and looked like bawls.

Hello, my name is Tim, and I enjoy Bawls(wink)..........

Kisses . . .

3 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 10:16 AM, Blogger The Megan said...

tee hee... timmy likes young hot balls...

well, i am all about trying new foods so yay for you for checking it out. that picture on top, is that what they look like? and do you just eat them naked (ha naked), or do you dip them in some sort of sauce?

speaking of food, there is a sushi/hibachi restaurant like a mile from my parents house called taisho. we must go there together forthwith. it has excellent sushi prices, and for the non-sushi lover, there is a hibachi bar. what would y'all think about going there on friday? i think we should definitely be hanging out if you don't already have plans.

 
At 5/23/2006 11:38 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Well I eat them naked of course, the calf fries not me, but they are served with gravy, umm...eewww. They already have breading, why put more between you and your balls than you have to, thats my motto. I am interested in this Taisho you speak of. The agreeable prices and overall Eastern flair of the place fills me with happy Chi. Could the date be Friday OR Saturday or is your social calander carved by the finger of your god into a pillar of salt which was once a woman who was the whore of Babalon?!?!?!? Just wondering.

 
At 5/23/2006 7:36 PM, Blogger The Megan said...

If we hung out this week, it would have to be Friday, yes. Actually, same thing for next week. I am confidant you will fall in love w/ Taisho just as I have. They have combo roll platters for about $12, and they come with 3 different rolls... that's enough food for 2, plus maybe a little appetizer or some miso soup. the rolls alone would be over $20 anywhere else. And they are way good too!
Anyway, let me know for sure and I will prick my finger and etch your name into this rock in blooood... that way it will be will be set in stone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home