Thursday, July 07, 2005

The War in London


Sadly, this morning, terrorists hit London's Underground, and a double decker bus. The death toll is not known at the time, but deepest heartfelt sympathy to England's people, and to anyone who suffered a loss. The terrorists released a statement that they left London burning, but without dishonoring any life lost, they shouldn't gloat, because London is fine and still goes on. The people of London are ok, being that they have dealt with this before, and I am sure they will handle this better than most would. Our thoughts are with you.

5 Comments:

At 7/07/2005 11:16 AM, Blogger The Megan said...

My aunt and uncle are in London right now, on their honeymoon, and none of us have been able to get ahold of either of them yet. So suffice to say, my family is very tense right now. Any thoughts, prayers, etc. would be greatly appreciated right now, until we hear something. I'm trying not to worry, but right now, no news is definitely NOT good news for me.

 
At 7/07/2005 12:46 PM, Blogger Tim said...

I can't get ahold of my school chum Natalie who works and lives in London as well, bat times....

 
At 7/07/2005 3:19 PM, Blogger The Megan said...

On a positive note, I just heard on the news that it's nearly impossible to dial out in London and surrounding areas... so even if they wanted to get a hold of someone, they wouldn't be able to.

 
At 7/08/2005 12:57 PM, Blogger Tim said...

And YAY I Heard from Natalie toady....and she and her friends are fine, thank goodness....

 
At 7/13/2005 4:09 PM, Blogger The Megan said...

Well, I got a postcard from my aunt today. It was actually sent *before* the bombings, and stated that had spent 2 days in London and they were now in Prague... so, yea, looks like everything is hunky-dory!
I knew it was such a slim chance anyway, but it is still a big relief knowing that they are both ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home