Friday, July 29, 2005

Pic-O-The-Week and some news I guess...


This Picture of the week is for Mr. Beta. Sadly our Mr Beta died last week after 4+ years with us. He was a good fish and pretty. So in honor of him and in celebration of Mr Beta II, who is red, I give you the picture of the week. NO I didn't take this one, do you know how @*^$)! Hard it is to get a fish to pose?

Now for a few news nibblets:

There is water on Mars. The EUROPEAN space agency found a lake of water ice. It's easy to see how NASA missed it. It is only 23 MILES ACROSS and 1.2 miles deep. So perhaps life too? Probably, but don't look for a Breaking news story from the US, I guess we should leave the real science to Europe.

The chocolate river in Charlie and the Chocolate factory was real, and so were the squirrels. Tim Burton insisted on using Live animals and not computer generated ones. I think that kind of attention to detail is what is missing from a lot of films today. Plus squirrels are super cute, just don't touch their nuts.

An 80 something year old Grandmother is suing the makers of Grand Theft Auto , because of hidden "Easter Eggs" of sexual content in the game, like really adult stuff here. Ok lady, lets sue over a natural act, and not the Strong Gang overtones or violence and bigotry the game pushes. I get it people, kids shouldn't see sex, its the kind I don't even want to see and have no interest in but come on! I think the greased up deaf guy should slip on up to New York and bitch slap that lady. But that's just me. What is it in our (USA) psyche that makes us accept any level of violence, but show a bare ankle, and the lawsuits start a flyin...

A boy who killed his friend with a baseball bat, got like 15 years, so he will be out at 25 if not before. What the hell is wrong with the world? I hate it when they let kids off because they are kids. If you don't think kids can be genuinely cruel and heartless and evil, then you're an idiot. I say promote me to Secretary of Corporal Punishment. It will go a little like this: I make the kid do all the crap work in my house, with a toothbrush and one hand tied behind their back. Then we get some time in the old batting cages, the kid will soon find out that he is the ball, AND I'VE GOT THE BAT!!!

Finally, There was a huge explosion in Ft Worth yesterday, fire shot up hundreds of feet and a toxic gas was released. You see people? See what happens when you burn the popcorn at work, you're not just burning popcorn, you're Hurting people. So use the PopCorn button.....Damn it....

Have a good weekend people...

Kisses...

8 Comments:

At 7/29/2005 11:01 AM, Blogger The Megan said...

Hee hee heeeee... I was there to see you take that picture!!! Ok, well apparently not THAT picture, but the picture you TRIED to take before using THAT picture!!

ps Thanks for mentioning GUDG (greased up deaf guy) in your blog today... my thoughts are that he doesn't get nearly enough publicity or screen time... perhaps because he is greased up... and deaf.

 
At 7/29/2005 11:24 AM, Blogger James said...

You people crack me up, seriously. I'm sure my coworkers are wondering what the hell I'm sniggering at . . . if only they knew.

 
At 7/29/2005 11:28 AM, Blogger The Megan said...

My people don't like being referred to as 'you people'.

 
At 7/29/2005 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You [ambiguous racial/ethnic/whatever slur] crack ME up!

 
At 7/29/2005 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I always preferred Snickering as apposed to the other word. Yes...Yes, I, I've alway preferred verbs to intransitive verbs...Oh yeah, that's the good stuff...

 
At 7/29/2005 1:08 PM, Blogger James said...

It's not a racial epithet . . .it is a perfectly acceptable word . . . mostly used in Britain, but still legitimate!

 
At 7/29/2005 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm i love Snickers...

 
At 7/29/2005 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... not as much as i love SNIGGERS!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home