Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Spring ...Sweet Action

Well it is spring again, and I for one love to plant in the spring. Not a huge chore living in an apartment, but fun none the less. My favorite plant of all time will be here in Tuber form some time in the next week or so. OXALIS TRIANGULARIS, or Purple shamrock. I love that stuff. It has one of my favorite colors outside of red in it (Purple) and it has 3 leaves, my favorite number, and it doesn't die every year. So I get to keep it for as long as I want and the tubers split each year so it multiplies quickly. Anyway this year I plan to have the biggest crop of oxalis yet, in 4 or 5 displays. I already have some Oxalis Brazilia started, that is green shamrocks with deep red\purple flowers. Perhaps I will get the traditional green with white flowers later this month. They tend to sell it around ST PATRICKS day. Any way just a little YAY for spring. Though I miss the grey days of winter, they are replaced with the Stormy days of spring, with lightning and all, which I love too. But not today (Sunny sky's)...... So if you have a space, I urge you to plant something, something you really like, and watch it grow and take care of it. One of the greatest joys of spring that all of us can share.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home