Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Are you ready for some Controversy??? Terri Schiavo...Discuss......

Ok...
This has been in the news for way too long, so lets get some opinions about it here. I would first like to say that if I am in a state like that, especially for more than 2 years, PULL MY PLUG. I cant think of anything worse than being in a vegetative state. Or even worse, have my body in that state but still have half a mind, talk about Purgatory \ Hell. But that isn't the case here. Terri is I believe, brain dead for lack of a better term. So, my stance? Let her go, it probably should have been done a long time ago. I am sorry, and I know that this isn't popular, but why hold on to a shell of the person you knew. Terri is already dead, her body is the only thing alive. Wouldn't you rather have the memory of your vibrant daughter then how she is now. If there was a chance of recovery, then certainly keep her alive, but it has been 15 years, and she just isn't there, and probably hasn't been since the beginning. As for other disabled people thinking that if they let Terri die, then it is a death sentence for them, well that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. No one is going to put someone in a wheelchair or whatever to death. That is just fear based propaganda and the individuals being uncomfortable with their disability. Terri isn't in a wheel chair, she is brain dead, there is a difference. Anyway, I look forward to comments on this which I will respond to. So, Discuss........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home